Friday, April 19, 2013

Fairy Garden

Miniature worlds are fascinating!  
Inspired by Pinterest, I decided to try creating a fairy garden....one my sweet grandsons would enjoy playing in!  Well....maybe Nana too!

  1. I used a large clay saucer as the container and added Irish moss, oregano, violas and alyssum .  Then the fun part begin....adding rocks, miniature doll accessories and mushrooms ( made with painted rocks we found in the garden).

This mother hen had two baby chicks, but i think my chickens ate them!  Maybe they thought they were corn kernels!  They were extremely tiny!  Too bad they cost $2 each at a very wonderful, but expensive miniature store!
     

When the boys were introduced to the fairy garden, they seemed to enjoy it for a few seconds and then were off on new adventures!  Oh well!  I think the garden was way too small!  We shall now make a monster truck garden under the sweet gum tree!  There will be much more room for play there!
But Nana is still having fun with the fairy garden!  I just planted a cutting of a scented geranium that I hope will turn into a magnificent fairy tree!